09 November 2007

I'm not lonely

Not that I'm embarassed about the dirty dream, I just figured I should put something else up so that I'm not "that weird girl who's always talking about taboo shit." You know, like the 2 weeks I was obsessed by my nude photo shoot (ok, it was more than 2 weeks, I admit it).

I'm not lonely, I swear. I'm bored out of my freaking skull, but not lonely. I love having my house to myself (as long as the sun is somewhere above the horizon). But oh so bored. And bored leads to rambling thoughts, which leads to "I should blog about that" even if it's not very interesting. Sorry you all have to put up with me during my boredom.

It also means checking out sta.tcounter much more regularly. Apparently I was popular in Dubai one day (likely just one person, but they clicked all over the place reading my babble). Most often people come to my blog from Mel's blog, quite a few from Amy's blog too. And then I saw it, somebody came from Beth's blog. Holy crap, I'm linked to from Beth's blog too. More than 2 people like me enough to provide links in their blogs. I'm astonished, because really I do ramble and make little sense most of the time, and I do not stick to the whole IF theme of my blog, ever. And then I realized, I don't really know Beth, I haven't been following her story. Hell, I hadn't read her blog at all before this week. I have got a lot of catching up to do. I promise, Beth, I'm reading a lot, I will do right by you. I will be worthy of your link.

Mel, Amy, not meaning to say that your readership and links don't mean the world to me as well, because they do. I read you every day. I'm just sucking up to Beth a little because I suddenly feel extra-special that somebody I haven't commented on or exchanged emails with actually linked to me. I'm in love with the way that feels.

And it makes more work for me, because it reminds me that I haven't edited/added to my blog links since I started this thing. And I read way more blogs than I have linked to. Time to step up, I'm making myself look bad. Oooh, hey, anybody out there that has links to me, tell me, I want to know. It'll make me giddy for a month, and I'll add you too and read you every day. That makes me sound so sad, begging for people to acknowledge me, but I'm ok with that.

Seriously, Beth, that made my month.

3 comments:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

ok Roy, YOU just made MY month! I too was on my statcounter, and saw that someone came to visit ME from YOUR blog! It does give you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it? I love love LOVE when I find that somebody has linked to me, or that some new person has commented on my blog.

So, thanks for linking, and thanks for mentioning me in your blog!

btw, the blogosphere is a SMALL world! I'm in the Detroit area, but have family up north, have recently spent a LOT of time in Midland, around Houghton Lake, etc. Pretty cool to "meet" someone in the blogosphere that would probably be familiar with some of the IRL areas I frequent!

PCOSMama said...

You know, I've been doing this blog thing for over a year... and I still don't have any links up. I keep saying I'm going to put up a list of fave blogs or something, but I just never get around to it. I feel a little bad about it.... but then I get over it, because I have very few readers and I figure I'm not really denying anyone extra readers coming from my site.

I'm also really bad lately about checking out other people's blogs when they do comment on mine. I just never seem to find the time to sit down and do it. I generally just stick with my current bloglines list. I know, I'm terrible! But between the 3 year old and the feels-like-20-pounder in the belly I'm just too tired to catch up and keep up with a lot!

Good for you for noticing who links to you and being the good blogger and visiting them too! ;)

IdleMindOfBeth said...

just wanted you to know that I got your comment, just didn't want to publish your email addy!