21 August 2007

Neuro is DONE!!!!

MRI and EEG came back with nothing unusual, so no more restrictions on R. He can drive, he can PT, he can do his job. Yay.

A few updates, then I will be fairly cryptic for a month or two (maybe a little longer, depends on how the first "conflict" goes):
1. I have officially moved back to the house R and I share.
2. CPS has become involved in the welfare of Little H.
3. We are preparing for the possibility of becoming a full-time family, possibly within 2 weeks.
4. We are starting to redecorate the house (no need to be cryptic here)- new rug for the living room, some wall decorations, spray painted the metal on a couple lamps and light fixtures, slightly rearranged some furniture. Hopefully we can save up in the next few months and get a new couch, and by the end of the year a chair or two to finish off the seating. Screw it, I'll elaborate on the redecorating in it's own paragraph, since a lot happened.

The walls looked boring. I wanted any sort of random metal crap, spray painted bronze-ish. We figured Big Lots (since they have cheap crap, which is fine, since I was going to spray paint it anyway). $15 later we have a pair of round metal-y things. Off to Lowes for spray paint. We had a few options, chose some "hammered" metal-looking stuff in "weathered bronze" or "antique bronze" or "old bronze" or something similar. Walked to the end of the aisle, and there we see (across the sea of flooring samples) a beautiful rug hung up, and a giant orange Clearance sign. Original price: 198. Clearance price (because all they had left was the display rug): 37. We got a new rug. It reminds me of those bored pictures I used to do- swirling lines around and overlapping, then coloring each section a different color. Mostly browns, a little green that matches our wall somewhat, and some pale dusty blue. I fucking love it! Then we came home, put down the rug, demolished our table lamps and took down the ceiling lights in the kitchen/dining area (open floor plan, so they are way visible from the living room) and started spray painting.

OK, so the table lamps aren't back together yet (forgot how they went together, plus I don't like the wood color now, it doesn't match with the bronze, so I'm trying to come up with paint or something to cover that, probably another can of spray paint, I'm too lazy to strip and sand and stain the wood), but everything else is up and looking great. Waiting for a financial upswing so we can buy a nice couch and oversized chair, probably in tan microfiber/microsuede. A couple end tables, a new entertainment center (the old one is black, R's preferred color for most of his life), then the ultimate indulgence- new computer desk, probably L shaped, with separate work stations for desktop and laptop, and a pair of fabulous computer chairs to match. I am going to be in living room Heaven.

And that just makes me dream about the other rooms in the house- new dining set, remodeling the laundry/mud room (that'll be a lot of work, mostly serious stuff- rewiring/replumbing to move washer and dryer, new floor, ripping off the knotty pine and putting up drywall, etc), new/bigger bed in our room, the upgrades Little H's room will need as he gets older... The list goes on, and I'm so excited to tackle each piece. I can't wait! Yeah, so my relationship with R still needs some work (it is coming along, time and patience), but I'm completely in love with my house again, head over heels. And soon we'll be sandblasting the old cast-iron fireplace that's sitting out in the garage, and I'll be painting/tiling it to put in the living room (it'll be completely decorative for now, the only fire that would be in it is candles, and I'm working out a filter in the "chimney" piece so we don't even have candle smoke in the house. Yep, in love with my house again. That's gotta be a step forward in falling back in love with my husband, right?

4 comments:

PCOSMama said...

Hurray that all the medical problems are over!
If having Little H full time is what you and R want, then I hope that works out for you! If CPS is involved, I hope he comes to you soon!

Working on some minor redecorating myself.... it's fun!

Sunny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kristen said...

I just wanted to swing by and wish you a happy birthday! I hope it was a great one!

XOXO

PCOSMama said...

Didn't realize you had a birthday coming when I last posted....
so, I'm back to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!