27 August 2007

Who told people it was my birthday?

Thank you to those who sent me birthday wishes! I'm totally lost on how you all found out (because I didn't post that it was my birthday, not recently at least), but very happy you stopped by to comment.

Not exactly the birthday I had imagined, I have to admit. I was expecting my closest friends to meet me at the bar and just hang out for a few hours. R's uncle didn't show (one of my favorite people in the world, but he did have an acceptable excuse), but the people who did come gave me presents. I really wasn't expecting presents. Yay pretty smelly candle for my house. And my biggest present (from R, of course):
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(wait for it)
.
.
.
.
.
.


Isn't he adorable? His name is Argos. He wandered into the yard, loved on the neighbor kids, just really needed a home. He's 15lbs underweight, plus the added weight he should have in muscle structure. Probably around 2 years old, very likely pure-bred. Loves our other dog Tiffany, and she's glad to have a constant playmate too.


It's gonna be a full house with Little H here this weekend for visitation (or longer), but I wouldn't have it any other way. Here it comes, that "perfect" family: Mom in an apron baking cookies, Dad coming home from the office with his thermos in hand, Son that acts just like Dad did at that age, Dog (or two) for Son to play catch with, cute little house, heaven. OK, so Mom isn't putting out and Dad is getting a little "frustrated" in that area, but the outward appearance is perfection. We're working on that "behind the scenes" stuff...

2 comments:

PCOSMama said...

Mel over at Stirrup Queens posted it was your birthday... she's got this newsletter type thing going.... that I should probably link to but since I'm sick I'm going to be lazy!

Glad the birthday turned out good! Cute dog - but he's gonna be BIG!!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

He's very cute :-) And it was me...I'm guilty of posting about your birthday. I remembered that you had mentioned it weeks ago. Damn that photographic memory...