01 March 2007

Escape is on the horizon

OK, not that kind of escape, nothing huge like divorce. Right now I'm just going away for the weekend, something I've had planned for a while already and not the result of recent events. My little nephew is with my parents (little brother BR is there, too, but the nephew is what counts), so I'm dying to see him. And tomorrow I trek sideways across the state for that photo shoot I mentioned, and a trip to see a good friends' new puppy (not so new, he's had him since before Christmas, I just haven't seen the little moster boy yet so he's new to me). I had originally thought of this trip as catching up with some people I love and miss, and it's still that, but it is a bit of an escape, too. A distraction from "the conversation."

Last night was good, though. We took a long shower, washed each others' back, the whole deal. Then R was nice enough to lotion all of me (usually I get everything but my back and he barely whines), his idea and everything. We just talked like we used to, not about baby stuff, not about Little H (always a fight, there is so much drama there you couldn't follow it if you tried, so I'll spare the details), not about God, not about anything. We need a lot more time like that. Maybe if that becomes routine, maybe if we can lock out everything else and just be together, maybe we have a chance. Nobody cheated, nobody hit, nobody called names. We were seriously considering a divorce because we disagree about God and when to have a baby. And it's still on the table if he can't guarantee me we'll have kids someday, no matter the cost or treatment. But that seems unimportant at this exact second, after we had such a good night. One day at a time...

No comments: