29 March 2007

I might have to change my blog name

Well Blogosphere, things are not so good in the marriage department over here. So not good that I have already told 2 really good friends about my impending divorce. Which was quite difficult to do (not only because it's very sad, but also because it was after midnight, which is a very rare time for any of my really good friends to be online). There is a lot to it, but it basically boils down to R wanting religion to be the main focus of our lives, and I am not willing to change who I am inside to fit into that plan. It's not his fault, religion plays a different part in everybody's life and he has the right to make it his top priority. That's just not where I am right now, and it makes it impossible for us to stay married. It'll be a couple weeks before I can get moved out of here and back with my parents, so I will probably be blogging at least that much longer. I don't know about anything after that. I don't even know how to tell my parents that it's happening.

4 comments:

Warner Stander said...

Sorry to hear the sad news. It takes an amazing amount of strength to stay true to yourself and do what needs to be done to make sure you are happy. I wish you the best.

A said...

Holy smokes, Roy! I had no idea it was getting to that. It sounded like things were going well...however, I do understand the issue, and I'm SO sorry to hear this :-(. Please let me know if I can do anything, okay? I'm a divorce survivor myself.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Roy--I am so so sorry! I agree with Debs--it takes an amazing amount of strength to say "this is what I need." Sending good thoughts to you and a virtual hug.

Roy said...

Amy- I didn't know it was getting to this either. I think in the back of my mind I knew that we were becomming too different, but to admit it out loud is different. We didn't fight at all last night, it was the calmest discussion we have ever had. Like deciding whether or not to get a puppy- how will it change our lives? is this something we might regret? will it make us happy? Except that it wasn't "will it make us happy." Neither of us is happy with this decision, but it is the only one we could make in this situation.

Thank you Debs and Mel. I don't know when I will be strong enough to say those things, but it is a worthy goal to work towards.