12 March 2007

I feel like I have to

It's been a couple days since my last post, so I feel this need to blog. Nothing important going on, still haven't gotten my photo disc (and I've been stalking the mailbox, I spy at the mail lady every day when she puts the mail in, just to see if anything looks like it could hold a CD). Busy weekend up here, though. We went downstate on Saturday to spend the day with Little H and pick up some dressers from R's grandma. They are the dressers that go with the bed that her and her husband bought not long after they got married, the first thing they ever bought together. R's aunt has the matching bed, we kind of wish we had gotten that, too, because our bed is only full sized and that one is queen.

We ended up visiting my parents, my grandparents, and then the trip to R's grandma. Little H begged to come back up with us, so we indulged him. We took him to the youth center that R is involved with. Little H and R played pool (Little H doesn't use the stick, he's only 5), Little H won, of course. And then bright and early (well, it felt really early because of the time change) Sunday morning we had french toast and eggs and bacon for breakfast before I had to drive Little H back downstate (R had important plans, which later were cancelled- beyond his control. He cleaned the house instead).

But, the new dressers are in the bedroom and filled with clothes. A vast improvement over my clothes being in cupboards in the hallway (very cute little built-in cupboards, but my socks and underwear were all in little plastic bins stacked up to save space). Our old "dresser" (an entertainment center-type thing with drawers under it, very similar to ones you would see in a hotel actually) is now in Little H's room. He didn't need it for his clothes, but now we can move the X-bo.x to that TV and have a nearly empty entertainment center in the living room. The DVD player is broken (unknown issue, sometimes it stalls and skips constantly, sometimes it'll work for 20 minutes straight), so it will be a rather empty TV stand out here, but I can live with that since we cancelled cable and NEVER watch TV anyway. It's just something to aim the couch at.

And the dog no longer sleeps in her kennel. We've been slowly trying her out with letting her sleep in their (her's and Little H's) bedroom outside of the kennel and she's done great. We let her run free in there if we're gone less than 2 hours, and free roam of the entire house if we'll be back within 30 minutes. OMG, my puppy is turning into a dog and not destroying my house! It seems like a small accomplishment, but it's big to us. And it'll free up a lot of space in the bedroom to take the kennel out. For the child only being up here a few days a month, he's got more toys that I had in my entire childhood combined: Lin.coln Lo.gs, racetracks for his toy cars, wooden train set, Le.gos, Pla.ydough, Ere.ctor Set, Le.ap Pad, Gam.eboy, video games for the computer (he has his own, plus our super desktop) and X-bo.x, Arm.y men, toy helicopter, more stuff than I can even remember. (ooops, that was all sorts of random, this paragraph was about my dog...)

The snow is melting, which means it will soon be a slimy mess in my back yard. The dog sprints and turns and all of that, and all of that rips out the grass quite a bit, leaving a whole lot of dirt. I'll be mopping the kitchen daily pretty soon, but I don't care because mopping means it's spring. And once everything dries out a bit, the neighbor's dog can come over and play and both will sleep well every night. Everything is going to feel so much better soon. Life is just more enjoyable when you can open your windows without shivering.

1 comment:

Warner Stander said...

You know far too much about Batman! You definitely need a child to share your batman knowledge with :)
Thanks for the wishes. Always nice to know there are like minded people out there! All I can say is thank Gd I don't have to deal with slimy snow - very sunny here is S.Africa!